- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
- May 29: Nissan Recalls Rogue Over Wrong Steering Bolt
Car Makes Rattling Noise When Starting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,283 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new timing chain and tensioner guide (6 reports)