- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
Car Makes Rattling Noise When Starting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,283 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new timing chain and tensioner guide (6 reports)