- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 1 days ago
- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 21 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 23 days ago
Engine Turns Over, Won't Start
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 69,095 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)