- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 3 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 13 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 33 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 35 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 40 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 165,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)