CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

6.0

2004 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Maxima:

2004 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 192014

Maxima LS 3.5L

• CVT transmission

I noticed that my engine had not a single oil qt.

That's weird because I just did the tune up back in Feb.

There's no smoke, no oil spill, nothing.

So I was reading some post and seems to be a problem with the Nissan and something about the CAT converter.

I don't know but...this could be fixed if I replace just the CATs?

Anybody knows?