CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

9.0

2004 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Maxima:

2004 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Aug 032010

Maxima SE 3.5L

car wont start sometimes. I sprayed starter fuild in the air intake & then it will start but the problem will happen again sometime in a few days, sometimes in a few weeks. help me

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 232005

Maxima SE

Three times the car has refused to start. We were turned around and around. The service person was rude and kept changing their stories. We waited for a tow truck that never showed up that day. The next time it happened we went through the same thing with the road service telling us that the tow truck would arrive three hours from the time we called. Three hours became almost four and the car didnt reach them until closing we were inconvienced for the whole day and then part of the next. They claimed it was the battery and that it would not happen again. On 2/23/05 my wife went out side to go to work and once more the car would not start. We called nissan road servive. The first call was around 8:20 am and five more calls followed after that. Every call i made, made me more and more frustated because each person kept claiming that they have no records of any call being made to them before so i had to give my info over . I was given ETAs of 20 minutes first, second time 50 minutes and even 2 minutes and the street which was next to mine. After waiting for another half hour in the cold i called and was told that they would be there in five minutes. After ten minutes i left for work. I recieved a call at 11:38 saying they were there to pick up the car. My wife called was told in rude way new cars break down too.

- , Yonkers, NY, USA