- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 18 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 27 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 53 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 64 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 70 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 8,628 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.