- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 18 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 42 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 51 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 77 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerks when shifting149
- transmission failure31
- transmission slips20
- excessively high rpm's3
- park on a hill and it gets locked in park2
- transmission knocks2
- surges forward when not in drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission600
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.