- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 29 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 39 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 50 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 52 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- jerks when shifting162
- transmission failure36
- transmission slips21
- excessively high rpm's3
- park on a hill and it gets locked in park2
- transmission knocks2
- stuck in gear1
- surges forward when not in drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission600
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.