- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
- September 3: Nissan Recalls 300,000 Cars to Modify Console Plastic Trim
- September 3: Nissan Seeks Dismissal of Nissan Altima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit
- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 2 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,189 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 128 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (56 reports)
- not sure (46 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (16 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (3 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)