- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 2 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 9 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 20 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 41 days ago
- March 13: Nissan Recalls LEAF Electric Cars With Brake Problems recalls | 47 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 2 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,143 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 143 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (63 reports)
- not sure (51 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (17 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (4 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)