- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 34 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 36 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 5 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,536 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 151 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (66 reports)
- not sure (53 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (17 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (5 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (2 reports)