CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

2.7

2005 Nissan Maxima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Maxima:

2005 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 222011

Maxima

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that after parking her vehicle the passenger seat began to smoke. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who told the contact that there was a NHTSA campaign id number 05V512000, seats front assembly, power adjust recall associated and that her vehicle was already repaired in 2008. The failure mileage was 82,800 and the current mileage was 83,073.

- Chespeake, VA, USA

Jun 232008

Maxima 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that the front passenger seat adjuster switch failed and caused the seat to overheat. The failure also affected the steering column and it can no longer be adjusted up, down, or sideways. It remains in the locked position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they stated that the heated seat switch was the cause of the failure. The dealer replaced the switch at the cost of $210. The manufacturer will not provide reimbursement because they have not received any complaints. They further stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 05V512000 (seats:front assembly:power adjust). The failure and current mileages were 88,000. Updated 07/15/08. The dealer replaced the seat switch. The sunroof only worked in vent mode. The dealer replaced the sunroof switch. Updated

- Wildwood, MO, USA

Feb 052008

Maxima 6-cyl

My 2005 Nissan Maxima sl caught on fire under the dash board on the driver's left side on 2/05/08 at approx 12:00 that day. After returning from a short drive, I smelled smoke. Upon parking in my driveway and exiting the car we notice fire coming from under the dash board. Once we extinguished the flames and called the fire dept we realized the source appeared to be in the area of the fuse housing area. I've had a recurring problem with this vehicle for quite some time. My service record is quite extensive on the electrical problems associated with this one vehicle. The latest being 12/28/07 when I had my vehicle in for servicing for the driver seat failure to move. My vehicle was returned to me on 12/31/07 and the seat was operable then, but I was told by the service tech that they weren't sure if the problem was solved but it was working at the present time. As an ensuing result I was unaware I was driving a vehicle that could of went in flames when being driven. I've attempted to contact Nissan Corp and have been unable to make contact with anyone other than the rep that took my information on 2/8/08. I've also attempted to contact the owner of the local Nissan dealership where I purchased my vehicle and haven't had any luck there either. My vehicle is currently at ray bryant Nissan dealership to be repaired, again, post the fire damage. This is the same dealership I've been bringing my vehicle to for al of the problems that have existed with this car. Any help and guidance you can offer me with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jun 132006

Maxima

The consumer took the 2005 Nissan Maxima to the dealer for electrical problems and was told of a pending recall (05V51200) concerning the power front seat. The recall work was performed but the consumer was concerned about the work not being performed prior to delivery.

- Madras, OR, USA