CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

2005 Nissan Maxima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Maxima:

2005 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Mar 152007

Maxima

Chrome rails that run from front of windshiel to rear have faded and are peeling. Every Maxima I have seen is the same. Is there a recall on this. Great car except forthis.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 262006

Maxima

My 2005 Maxima has a tray on the dash designed to hold change sunglasses cell phone etc.--I always put change in the tray but apparently there is a space/slit where this change can slip down. The change did slip down into one of the circuit panels and burned up my circuit panel causing my major electrical damage to my car. This occurred while traveling and could have easily burned my car up with me and my child in the car. Nissan said since it was due change it was my fault and would not cover the expenses. My question to them was if this tray was designed for change etc. And there was no warning stating to not put change there then I feel like they should cover it as this is faulty design and a fire hazard. They said until they get other complaints they would not even look at the possibility of paying for this. Ironic that when it came back from a Nissan repair shop this area that was open is now sealed.

- Cleveland, MS, USA

Mar 102005

Maxima 6-cyl

Purchased 2005 Maxima and have had it back to the dealer six times for the same vibrating and shimmying problem that everyone seems to complain about. If I had only seen this website before I bought one! the dealership tries they're best to blame the tires/wheels. They have now put 5 sets of tire and wheels on my brand new car...the only person there that is truthful was the service manager. I took him for a ride in the car and finally, he said, this is a characteristic of the car...they wish Nissan would fix it. He said maybe 1 out of 25 people actually complain about it. I find that hard to believe. I have am filing a lemon law suit and hope for the best. When will Nissan have a recall and fix this problem?

- Port Deposit, MD, USA

Jan 142005

Maxima 6-cyl

I called on 1/31/05 and filed a formal complaint for my 2005 Nissan Maxima. I have not heard back from anyone as yet and I am wondering how I need to proceed.

- Rockville Centre, NY, USA