Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

1. replace front and rear brakes (1 reports)
2006 Nissan Maxima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Maxima:

2006 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 012012

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

I had already had the air condition fixed and a couple months later had to do front and rear brakes replaced on my car. This is problem number 2. Now on to problem number 3 with this Maxima which is severe. Each time there is one problem after another. the next problem is the transmission. I regret I purchased this car which was my first new car. My love was with the Acura and the Maxima and when they advertised the Maxima in 2006 it won my heart over but sadly my heart is disappointed. but as I said before it is one thing after another. I thought I was buying a reliable car that would last me a long time especially being that I was having my car serviced regularly. It is such a disgrace and shame that I am having problem after problem.

- , Cedar Hill, TX, USA