- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 2 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 12 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 32 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 34 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 39 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
1.4hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 125,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - exterior problem