Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 122016

Rusting floorboards both driver and passenger sides.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 232016

During a maintence check the dealership reported that the secondary timing chain is making excessive noise. They recommend I replace the secondary timing kit for $1,500 as soon as possible. They also stated drivers floor pan rust and passagner side show sign of going soon they stated Nissan had fix for this that would cost $925 and that this was something that happens alot to this cars

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Oct 052015

I thought a leaf was hanging from below my car when parked. It turned out that the floorboard is completely corroded through to the inside of the vehicle on the drivers side. I have taken my car to the Nissan dealership since purchased in late 2006. They explained that it would cost between $2,000 to $3,000 to get repaired. I have only had the car for 9 years and much of this time it parked in the garage during the winter. I was sure damage was not a expected deterioration based on normal use. This was confirmed later by researching on line and seeing other complaints.

- Hillsborough, NJ, USA

Dec 032015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. While the vehicle was at the mechanic, the technician diagnosed that the floor pan needed to be replaced due to corrosion. The failure happened without warning. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Oct 242015

The floor pans are starting to rot out on my Nissan Maxima. This is clearly a manufacturing defect as there are numerous other owners reporting the exact same issue with their Nissan Maximas. A safety recall should be implemented to replace the floor pans in these cars. There is absolutely no reason why a 7 year old car should be rotting to this extent.

- Hanson, MA, USA

Oct 232015

My car has approximately 60,000 miles on it. When I took it to the dealer for a squeaky noise in the engine, they told me the timing chain was failing and needed to be replaced. My hood and roof also have the clear coat peeling up and fading. Since timing chain is a safety issue, I paid 2,000 for them to fix this. I contacted their Consumer Affairs and since my car is out of warranty, they cannot help me.

- Freehold, NJ, USA

Sep 112015

Took my 2007 Maxima in for routine oil change and my mechanic gave me the bad news, since he last saw it 6 months ago the passenger side and drivers side floor pans are rusted out.placed a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs in Tennessee, they asked me to take it to the dealer to be looked at and then they determined that they would do nothing for me, but indicated that the dealer might fix for a lot less than quote I got from my repair shop. Since then the dealer has indicated that they need to talk to Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have called both parties several times and an definitely getting the run around. Both Nissan and the dealer are very aware of this problems as they have been many incidents of rust. I have owned nothing bu Nissan's for 20 years, one I had for over 12 years with no rust problems ( it was a 1995) I traded it in for this car. I garage my car and have it washed regularly. It is in great shape. I am so disappointed in Nissan that I don't think I will ever own another one.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 182015

I took my car in to the dealership due to all of my warning lights coming on. Upon putting it on the lift, they showed me where the underside was significant rust that caused the tire & brake sensors to fall off the struts. Additionally, the floor pans were completely rusted out with holes, which can cause my feet to crash through the floorboards causing an accident or carbon dioxide poisoning. I have researched the many problems reported online regarding rusted floor pans and believe the NHTSA should force Nissan to provide a recall to get these items fixed. I understand rust is not a standard reason for NHTSA to be involved, but will it take my death to have you regulate & resolve this issue?

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Jan 012015

Air bag warning light turns on even after clearing soluspro scanner code, "B1049 driver air bag module (open)". I am concerned my driver's side air bag will spontaneously release or not release at all when needed. If something happens to the driver, all passengers are at risk of fatal injury. I contacted Nissan North America, and was told the diagnostic had to be run by a dealer mechanic before they can do anything. They also informed me that there is no campaign currently open for my issues. The body issue has to do with poor paint or clear coat quality common to Nissan vehicles. While the rest of my car looks fine, the hood and the roof look horrible. Like someone took sanding paper to the clear coat and the color is faded and getting worse as time passes. I am very disappointed in Nissan for this cosmetic detail. I traded in my 2005 Nissan Maxima because the roof liner sagged as soon as I began driving with the sunroof open. I hope that the results of the air bag issue are as minor as the cosmetic issues, otherwise Nissan is going to have some serious problems on there hands.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Mar 162015

While driving on the interstate I felt an explosion and nearly lost control of my blood pressure, and I suffer from hyper-tension. The moon roof exploded and I had no idea what had happened. I looked around to see if a gun had been pointed at me because the sound was similar and the impact to the car felt as though it had been hit by an object. The cover over the moon roof was closed so that prevented any glass from entering and cutting me. I pulled off at the next exit to find a gapping hole, shattered glass on the roof and my heart beating rapidly. Once I got home I taped the roof and by the time I got to the repair shop the next day the pressure caused the roof to reopen and continue to break. I contacted Nissan to see if this vehicle was under recall and they said no. The cost was my expense. Now I do not open the shade at all for fear of this happening again resulting in injury. I live in a very hot and humid and rainy climate and when this occured the temperature was in the 70's, and the time of day was approx 6:45pm. I asked the glass company had they had any customers in with this problem and they affirmed. The moon roof glass was ordered and shipped directly to the glass company and my car was out of commission for a few days. The moon roof does not open at all, it was designed that way. If a safety notice had been attached I more than likely would not have purchased this type of vehicle.

- Mandeville, LA, USA

May 052015

Maxima 6-cyl

Driver's side and passenger's side floor pans rusted out. Rest of the undercarriage is fine. Understand from internet search that this has occurred in other Nissan vehicles since at least the 2004 models. Dealer indicates that this is a problem "about which they have heard" but there are no recalls or service bulletins issued by Nissan.

- New Canaan, CT, USA

Apr 102015

Maxima 6-cyl

Took car to the garage for inspection. It did not pass due to rust under driver's and passenger's side floor boards. They told me the rest of the car was in perfect condition and that they believed it might be a manufacturing defect. The amount of rust is far beyond what an 8 year old car should have. Contacted Nissan but they told me the rust warranty is only covered for 3 years/36,000 miles and it is too far out of warranty for them to do anything about it.

- Canaan, NH, USA

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that the front passenger side floorboard was rotted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the floorboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Framingham, MA, USA

Nov 012013

Maxima 6-cyl

When I brought my car to the mechanic to fix the brakes, he did notice that the floor panel had a huge hole due rust. This was in the driver and passenger's side. His comment was: "the amount of rust on the floor panel is such that it could have an impact in the safety of the vehicle. This is a safety issue due the fact that the rust has compromised the structure of the vehicle." The mechanic and myself came to the conclusion that the rust is because of the poor quality of the metal part on the metal panel. A 7 year old car shouldn't have this kind of problem. I drove a Nissan Maxima all the way to 250,000 miles and the floor panel didn't show any sign of rust. What is the proper steps I must take so to request from Nissan Maxima to cover the repair" should this car's condition have a recall mandate from the NHTSA" your help with this matter will be appreciated.

- Leominster, MA, USA

Nov 162013

Maxima 6-cyl

I was changing the oil on my Maxima and noticed both drivers and passengers floor boards almost totally rusted through. This is a very dangerous due to safety of both driver and passengers. After looking through the complaint section of this website it seems to be a very common problem that Nissan should need to recall.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Nov 172014

The driver side floorboard has began to rust thru as a result of a hole left during manufacturing. This seems to be a defect (since it is not on the passenger side). As a result of the hole water and salt have began to rust through the driver side floorboard. My vehicle was taken to a dealer whom took pictures and sent to Nissan. Nissan's response was the vehicle is out of warranty and it is a result of being in an area hat uses salt during winter. Fortunately it looks like the rust was detected before it reached the driver side seat which would cause a safety issue (especially during an accident). One does not expect a floorboard to rust thru on a seven year old vehicle with low mileage.

- Columbus , OH, USA

Sep 202014

Airbag warning light won't turn off. I'm worried it will spontaneously deploy at anytime. It is the opinion of various car wash establishments that roof and hood paint is a common defect on Nissan vehicles, including mini-vans. My car's hood and roof look like I've lived by the sea for years. Truth is that I've always lived inland. There's no reason why my car should look 20 years old!

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Oct 252014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that there was corrosion present and a hole located on the driver side floorboard. The vehicle had been taken to dealer for a diagnosis and stated they would have to eject the driver's seat from the vehicle, weld new medal to cover the hole and put an under coating on the weld new medal. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Gary, IN, USA

Oct 212014

Maxima 6-cyl

Passengers side front floor pan rusted through as if car is 40 years old. Not only is this a body frame defect but a safety issue. Hundreds of on line forums note the problem is obvious and Nissan refuses to admit design defect. This defect justifies a recall for repair otherwise value of vehicle has been significantly diminished. See:

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Jul 012014

Drivers floor board structure is rusted out, I do not feel safe letting my wife drive this car.

- Dayton, OH, USA