- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 9 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
2.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 54,382 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: