Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jun 042009

I have had several problems with this car...this being the latest. Since buying this vehicle brand new I have had to have the entire dashboard replaced because it warped, the radio replaced, the chrome rails on top of the car replaced and now I took my vehicle in for service because I was hearing a "chirping" noise. I then got a call back and was told that the compressor had gone bad. But it gets better as right after that I was told that Nissan got a bad batch of compressors and they can't get a new one for me. But it still gets better...I was then told that if I don't replace the compressor (at a cost of over 1K) then it will fail and damage the belts, which will cause the power steering to fail as well as damaging the condenser. So I need a part that Nissan says is defective so they don't have anymore of them and are waiting on a new supplier, but in addition to that if I don't get this part it will cause additional damage to the car.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Mar 062009

Took my car in for a oil change and after the oil change and the change of belts my car started making a noise when the heat or air was turned on. 2 months later when I turned on my air condition no air was coming through. Took it back to the Nissan dealership and they told me that my air pressure pump had a leak in it. I could not believe that with a 2007 car that I would have had this problem this soon!!! nothing was done to repair my car. I over heard the two service guys say that "oh ya, that's going to take a paycheck". not knowing that I was still listening. I feel that they did not care about me or what was going on with my car all they wanted was for me to pay for the repairs. I told them that my husband was deployed and had two small children that had asthma and the heat would trigger their asthma and on this day it was already 78 degrees. I would never use this dealership again!!!! if I have to I will take my car to another Nissan dealership outside of savannah.

- Savannah, GA, USA