Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jan 302015

Maxima 6-cyl

Timing chain needed to be replaced. Understand from internet search that there have been many complaints about the Nissan timing chains and their defective design and nature. According to dealer, no recall or service bulletins issued about this defect.

- New Canaan , CT, USA

Jun 182009

I'm having a high pitch whine coming especially from the passenger side. The pitch gets louder with RPM changes. It's constantly there, as soon as the car is on, whether the car is idling, accelerating or decelerating. This whine comes from the speakers, because when I disconnected the oem bose amplifier, the noise was gone. I believe this is known as the "alternator whine" so I changed a new alternator told by the dealer, and changed to another oem bose amplifier, but the "whine" still remains. The high pitch noise is very annoying and causes migraines.

- Rowland Heights, CA, USA

Sep 262007

Maxima 6-cyl

My new 2007 Nissan Maxima was "bucking" at 40 mph & 60 mph. The service engine soon came on. Later that day, the vehicle stalled out on me 3 times. The next day I was able to drive the vehicle to the dealership. They indicated that it was the cam shaft. The next day I was able to pick up my vehicle. However, I couldn't get it out of the dealership parking lot after stalling 3 times each time I put it into drive. The mechanic was authorized to take my vehicle over night to drive it after being able to test drive it. I was informed the next day that the mechanic couldn't get it out of the dealership parking lot either. They have been in touch with the manufacturer, but they can't seem to locate any error.

- Weymouth, MA, USA