Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 052016

The horn on this vechicle does not blow. Nissan serviceman told me this was common on this vehicle, and if I didn't repair it, there might be airbag issues. I call Nissan and filed a claim # 22887303 on 7-5-2016. Was told not to move vehicle from Nissan repair dealer. On 7-6-2016 was told by Nissan they could not help with this hazard problem.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jun 102015

Nothing but problems with 07 Maxima we bought, later repossessed. The steering wheel and the whole front of the car would shake uncontrollably especially when brakes were used. Also wheels (not factory but they were on there when purchased, but asked to replace but never happened) were noticeably bent. And lastly, the front and side airbags deployed after shutting my drivers side door causing my arm to be burned.

- Sedalia, KY, USA

Nov 122015

I am not sure if the problem really exist. The resulting diagnosis is based on a faint whine detected by the technician (while stationary) and a definite determination can only be made by a physical examination of the timing guide. To do this would require removing parts. But when those parts are removed the guide and chain will need replacing even if they are not defective. Nissan has known about the problem dating back to the 2004 model and no definitive diagnostic method is available that will not cost the owner a repair that is some times unnecessary.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 162015

While driving on the interstate I felt an explosion and nearly lost control of my blood pressure, and I suffer from hyper-tension. The moon roof exploded and I had no idea what had happened. I looked around to see if a gun had been pointed at me because the sound was similar and the impact to the car felt as though it had been hit by an object. The cover over the moon roof was closed so that prevented any glass from entering and cutting me. I pulled off at the next exit to find a gapping hole, shattered glass on the roof and my heart beating rapidly. Once I got home I taped the roof and by the time I got to the repair shop the next day the pressure caused the roof to reopen and continue to break. I contacted Nissan to see if this vehicle was under recall and they said no. The cost was my expense. Now I do not open the shade at all for fear of this happening again resulting in injury. I live in a very hot and humid and rainy climate and when this occured the temperature was in the 70's, and the time of day was approx 6:45pm. I asked the glass company had they had any customers in with this problem and they affirmed. The moon roof glass was ordered and shipped directly to the glass company and my car was out of commission for a few days. The moon roof does not open at all, it was designed that way. If a safety notice had been attached I more than likely would not have purchased this type of vehicle.

- Mandeville, LA, USA