Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 052016

The horn on this vechicle does not blow. Nissan serviceman told me this was common on this vehicle, and if I didn't repair it, there might be airbag issues. I call Nissan and filed a claim # 22887303 on 7-5-2016. Was told not to move vehicle from Nissan repair dealer. On 7-6-2016 was told by Nissan they could not help with this hazard problem.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jun 102015

Nothing but problems with 07 Maxima we bought, later repossessed. The steering wheel and the whole front of the car would shake uncontrollably especially when brakes were used. Also wheels (not factory but they were on there when purchased, but asked to replace but never happened) were noticeably bent. And lastly, the front and side airbags deployed after shutting my drivers side door causing my arm to be burned.

- Sedalia, KY, USA

Dec 012015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. After starting the vehicle, the air bag warning light illuminated at random. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where it was repaired for the driver side air bag module and spiral cable, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,375.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Jan 012015

Air bag warning light turns on even after clearing soluspro scanner code, "B1049 driver air bag module (open)". I am concerned my driver's side air bag will spontaneously release or not release at all when needed. If something happens to the driver, all passengers are at risk of fatal injury. I contacted Nissan North America, and was told the diagnostic had to be run by a dealer mechanic before they can do anything. They also informed me that there is no campaign currently open for my issues. The body issue has to do with poor paint or clear coat quality common to Nissan vehicles. While the rest of my car looks fine, the hood and the roof look horrible. Like someone took sanding paper to the clear coat and the color is faded and getting worse as time passes. I am very disappointed in Nissan for this cosmetic detail. I traded in my 2005 Nissan Maxima because the roof liner sagged as soon as I began driving with the sunroof open. I hope that the results of the air bag issue are as minor as the cosmetic issues, otherwise Nissan is going to have some serious problems on there hands.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Nov 212014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. While driving approximately 30 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Hyannis, MA, USA

Nov 052014

The airbag sensor for the front passenger is faulty in my 2007 Nissan Maxima. The light is always flashing in the dash board. I noticed Nissan had this problem on other vehicles, but my Maxima was not listed in the recall.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Mar 172015

Both the driver's side and front passenger side airbags failed at the same time. While there was a recall on many 2007-2008 Nissan models due to airbag issues, the Maxima was not included. The fact that both failed at the same time should point to a manufacturer defect/failure.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

Oct 172014

Maxima 6-cyl

2007 Nissan Maxima. Consumer wanted to know if his vehicle has faulty air bags.

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Sep 202014

Airbag warning light won't turn off. I'm worried it will spontaneously deploy at anytime. It is the opinion of various car wash establishments that roof and hood paint is a common defect on Nissan vehicles, including mini-vans. My car's hood and roof look like I've lived by the sea for years. Truth is that I've always lived inland. There's no reason why my car should look 20 years old!

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Aug 152014

Maxima 6-cyl

Airbag warning light malfunction about 123,500 miles on my Nissan Maxima 2007. I am no longer a happy Nissan owner, I will never purchase a Nissan again. I've had my catalyst converter fail on me nothing, but a money pit.

- Fontana, CA, USA

May 132014

TL the contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. While driving approximately 25 mph, the front passenger side door of the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed head on into a parked vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a fractured sternum. The vehicle was destroyed and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 90,000. Jcc

- Wheaton, MD, USA

Jul 202011

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated at random. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was unable to diagnose the failure. The warning light continued to illuminate for years and the vehicle was taken back to the authorized dealer for diagnosis, who then advised that the air bag module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 101498...updated 04-30-14

- Woodbridge , VA, USA

Dec 042011

Maxima 6-cyl

Crashed into guard rail and air bag did not deploy.

- Lanham, MD, USA

Oct 052011

The air bag light came on I took it by a local dealer they stated no code showed and didn't have an answer.the light went off a couple days later, light came back on week later took it by a local repair shop (not a dealer) he stated no code but when he touched wires under seat light went off. The lightcame back on took to my dealer(round rock Nissan) they said I need a new airbag wow their business was slow I was the only car there for service guess that's why they want to charge $1000 to fix when all the honest dealers admitted they weren't sure how to fix since there was no code!!! sounds like Nissan needs to add this 2007 Maxima to its recall of the (airbag sensor or airbag harness) that is currently being recalled. Looked online alot of people have this same complaint!!!!!very dissatisfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Granger , TX, USA

Sep 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated whenever the vehicle was operated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer twice where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 85,000 and the current mileage was 116,821.

- Davenport, FL, USA