- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 7 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 7 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 5,550 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: