- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 57 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 67 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 82,677 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem