- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 7 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 27 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 29 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 34 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 43 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 82,677 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem