- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 4 days ago
- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 19 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 24 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 26 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 82,677 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem