- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
2008 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Worst 2008 Maxima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.