- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 4 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 13 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 17 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 39 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 40 days ago
NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
2.1hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 75,300 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: