CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.

When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.

If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).

2.1

2009 Nissan Maxima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Maxima:

2009 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Apr 022015

Maxima 6-cyl

Car does not start. Difficult time getting into the car while using my key fob. When I push the ignition button there is no nose and no lights. Tried jumping the car for 15 minutes with no success. I was told by the Nissan dealership mechanic that it is the steering lock system. This is going to cost me for towing and labor and parts. Money I do not have. Reading up on this problem tells me that there should have been a recall.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Jun 042009

Maxima

I purchase my 2004 Nissan Maxima in July 2003. Since I have had the car I've had nothing but major problems. I perform the required maintenance on the car and still have numerous problems. I have had to replace things that should have lasted on the car the cd player has been replace and when out again twice. Tensor assembly and timing belt also 1500. And now I have the replace my transmission another $3100. This is ridiculous for a car that has a luxury price tag. Nissan has not be helpful at all and do not try to answer of help in any way. Nissan needs to recall all 2004 models.

- Waldorf, MD, USA