- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
- April 9: Nissan Rogue Recalled To Fix Fuel Pump Failures
- April 8: Nissan Versa Investigation: Driver Gets Foot Stuck on Gas Pedal
- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
2009 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.