- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 1 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 11 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 31 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 33 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 38 days ago
NHTSA — Tires Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 40,960 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem