Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!

2010 Nissan Maxima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Maxima:

2010 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Sep 092016

My wife's 2010 Maxima has issues with the airbag sensor in the passenger seat and it doesn't operate correctly. It is the same issue with the 2013 Nissan recalls but that recall doesn't go back far enough. I've contacted Nissan headquarters and they just blew me off. The contact person's name is cody with Nissan Consumer Affairs and he has yet to contact me by my cell. They keep calling me on my home number and we aren't home most of the time. I've recently called them again this past Friday and the representative said someone will contact me in a few hours. Today is Wednesday September 14, 2016 and still no phone call. I was advised a few weeks ago to take the car to the dealer and get a quote by Nissan hq and call them back with the information. I've done that and now they won't return my calls. Cody's contact number is (615)-725-7675 and md case # 23718765. Nissan keeps closing my case number and won't address this issue. I just don't want my family put at risk if the passenger side airbag doesn't deploy because of a faulty sensor in the seat. I want Nissan to take care of this problem before something horrible happens. The contact person at the dealership for Nissan is james smith and that number is (512)353-5116. He can verify how much it would cost by the quote he gave us. It's approximately $1,100 to fix. Thanks for your assistance in this matter NHTSA.

- Kyle, TX, USA

Jul 132015

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Maxima. The contact stated that while driving at 60 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed and the front passenger seat, steering wheel, and entire vehicle began to shake violently as the vehicle accelerated independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jan 112011

My driver seats on my 2010 Maxima sv moves back and forward. Sometime the seat fails to move by the electric controls. I have had my car services twice and Nissan cant fix the problem. They calm they the tighten up the bolt but that does not help. I feel like I am unsafe in this car with on 10K miles on the dash.

- Richmond, VA, USA