Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!

2010 Nissan Maxima cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Maxima:

2010 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Nov 152010

My husband & I purchased the 2007 Nissan Maxima for our daughter who is now expecting her first child. My husband borrowed her car to drive my sister husband and children back to atlanta airport mind you speed limit on I75 is 70mph, when this Maxima locked up and shut down in the middle of a 6 lane hwy. Thankfully he was able to coast across the hwy to the shoulder and the car smelled so my husband called my insurance co. My sister ended up taking a taxi and we had to have the car towed 95 miles ($282). Pye Nissan has the car in dalton and the service tech said the compressor locked up and blew all the belts due to me not having the compressor lubricated. The car warranty expired just a few months ago and Nissan said that there is nothing they can due and wants $1000 to fix this. I have called another Nissan dealership and the service tech at this dealership said that he never heard of the compressor being lubricated and he has been with Nissan for 20 years. Where is justice when you purchase a $30,000 car after 3 yrs a major part like this going, I just thank god it was my husband driving and not my pregnant daughter. I am very concerned about this car being unsafe now for not only my daughter but my unborn grandson. Signed chatsworth Georgia.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA