- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 17 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 41 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 50 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 76 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 87 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2,975 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.