CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!

3.3

2011 Nissan Maxima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Maxima:

2011 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Feb 222015

Maxima 6-cyl

The rear glass panel of sunroof "exploded" with chunks of glass coming off the panel and over the next few hours the entire panel exhibited major cracking throughout. Sunroof was closed at the time and outside temperature was about 45 degrees. Wife was slowing on highway to turn into driveway. She stated the nearest vehicle was over 1/4 mile ahead of her so no possibility of rock being thrown from their tires. Sounded like a shotgun blast in the car when it occurred. Since it was the back panel no glass fell into the car that we could see.

- Eagle, ID, USA

Jul 202014

Maxima 6-cyl

While driving down the highway Sunday July 21st around 9:40am my moon roof imploded while being closed. It sounded like a gun shot in the car, I noticed that the glass was blowing towards the rear of the car. The glass hit my trunk and now has several dings due to the glass flying. Now I am at the dealer and they are telling me that this isn't covered by warranty. I only have the car for 3 months. While doing research online I noticed that this isn't an isolated situation. Apparently there isn't a manufactures defect either. What should I do?

- Orlando, FL, USA