- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 3 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 13 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 33 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 35 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 40 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 11,686 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
seat belts / air bags problem