CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!

3.1

2012 Nissan Maxima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Maxima:

2012 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jun 162014

Maxima 6-cyl

I was driving down the highway and my girlfriend and I heard a loud explosion. I knew right away that nothing had hit the car because there was no one else on the freeway. I took it to the dealership and they told me something must have hit it. I called my insurance company to set up a time to get my vehicle repaired, however, upon further investigation I noticed that there were many reports of the "exploding sunroofs." Some of the debris fell through the crack and got into our eyes. Some of the shards landed on my girlfriend and pricked her up, but no real damage.

- Houston, TX, USA