- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 55 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 65 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 74 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment Adaptive Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - interior problem