- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 6 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 7 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 16 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 33 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment Adaptive Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - interior problem