Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!

2012 Nissan Maxima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Maxima:

2012 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 012013

Since I bought my car in May 2013 I have noticed several times that with or without someone in my passenger seat my air bag sensor will light up showing that the air bag is off no matter how I or the person in the seat moves it will not come on. The air bag just remains turned off. This is a huge safety concern for me I just found out how to file a complaint about it in hopes of getting it fixed. I know there are recalls on many Nissan makes and models for this but the 2012 Maxima is excluded.

- Farmerville, LA, USA