8.0

2014 Nissan Maxima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Maxima:

2014 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 162015

Maxima

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Maxima in January 2015 experienced problems with the electrical system in March of 2015 where the console screen (radio, heat/ac controls, gas mileage, etc.) constantly blacked out/vertical and horizontal lines appeared. The screen was completely replaced and the repair was fixed by a local Nissan dealer. After receiving an oil change in early July 2015 (first free oil change) I noticed that my vehicle had a ticking and knocking noise/sound that was rather loud coming from the engine. I took the car to a local Nissan dealership and the vehicle was diagnosed with an engine knock from #1 main bearing. At the dealership a service appointment was set-up and I was provided a service bulletin (technical bulletin) from Nissan. The bulletin reads as follows: Classification: EM12-014A reference ntb12-01A dated December 17, 2013 that for 2009-2014 Maxima's have engine knocks from #1 main bearing (on this notice there is a note "do not replace the engine for this issue"). I did not realize the Maxima had engine issues. If I knew this at the time of purchase I would have selected another vehicle. I have made a formal complaint to Nissan requesting the repurchase of this vehicle with various manufacture defects (currently waiting on a response). Additionally, I have tried to receive an even trade for a safe vehicle due to the manufacturer defects from the dealership where I brought this car but have been unsuccessful at this point due to the depreciation of the vehicle/current manufacturer defects (unsafe engine). This is utterly ridiculous for a car that has less than 7,000 miles to have so many defects that was purchased 6 months ago. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

- Washington, DC, USA