2014 Nissan Maxima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Maxima:

2014 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 192016

I was sitting in my car in my driveway when suddenly my sunroof exploded. The sunroof glass was closed but the roof was open. Most of the glass ended up outside the car. It was like it exploded from the inside out. The glass on the edges was bent upwards. It was lightly raining and the temperature was approximately 60 degrees. Thankfully I wasn't driving because this could have caused a serious accident. I have contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and they claim they have not heard of this happening before. The internet says otherwise.....

- Dameron, MD, USA

Dec 082015

I was driving along the highway on a sunny day, about 75 degrees Fahrenheit, going approximately 65 mph when I heard a loud exploding type of noise. The next thing I know I hear rattling overhead. I don't live far from where the incident happened so continued to drive.25 miles approximately to my residence and immediately get out to inspect my vehicle. The sunroof was shattered into a million pieces and there was huge hole right in the middle of it. I had not opened the sunroof while driving so the visor was thankfully closed when it broke.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 162015

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Maxima in January 2015 experienced problems with the electrical system in March of 2015 where the console screen (radio, heat/ac controls, gas mileage, etc.) constantly blacked out/vertical and horizontal lines appeared. The screen was completely replaced and the repair was fixed by a local Nissan dealer. After receiving an oil change in early July 2015 (first free oil change) I noticed that my vehicle had a ticking and knocking noise/sound that was rather loud coming from the engine. I took the car to a local Nissan dealership and the vehicle was diagnosed with an engine knock from #1 main bearing. At the dealership a service appointment was set-up and I was provided a service bulletin (technical bulletin) from Nissan. The bulletin reads as follows: Classification: EM12-014A reference ntb12-01A dated December 17, 2013 that for 2009-2014 Maxima's have engine knocks from #1 main bearing (on this notice there is a note "do not replace the engine for this issue"). I did not realize the Maxima had engine issues. If I knew this at the time of purchase I would have selected another vehicle. I have made a formal complaint to Nissan requesting the repurchase of this vehicle with various manufacture defects (currently waiting on a response). Additionally, I have tried to receive an even trade for a safe vehicle due to the manufacturer defects from the dealership where I brought this car but have been unsuccessful at this point due to the depreciation of the vehicle/current manufacturer defects (unsafe engine). This is utterly ridiculous for a car that has less than 7,000 miles to have so many defects that was purchased 6 months ago. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

- Washington, DC, USA