2014 Nissan Maxima steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Maxima:

2014 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Feb 022015

Driving down a snow/ice covered road, I heard a low noise come from the front passenger side of vehicle and steering was extremely difficult. I determined it to be an issue with the power steering. The belt is still intact and there is fluid in the reservoir. I am going to dealership tomorrow to diagnose but this is very dangerous to drive as is due to not being able to react to possible issues in roadway. Hard to believe a car with only 1000 miles could have this happen.

- Derby Line, VT, USA

Jul 112014

Maxima 6-cyl

Brand new lease, had vehicle 2 days. Driving home from work, thank god there was slight traffic congestion. Out of nowhere the car started to pull to the left, I could not gain control of vehicle. The car suddenly stopped harsh, as if I were stuck on something. Cars behind me has to slam breaks and swerve out of way. When tow truck came they said stabilizer bar was broken and this could have been a fatal accident had I been going faster. After many complaints and conversations Nissan is forcing me to take the "repaired" car. I do not feel safe and should not have to take a car that was broken straight from the factory.

- Garfield, NJ, USA