2016 Nissan Maxima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Nissan Maxima:

2016 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 062016

I just merged onto the highway going I-55 South from countyline rd, when I heard a very loud noise similar to a gun shot in close range and was literally frightening. Then I heard air seeping through my sunroof area so I pulled over on the side of the highway because I started to shake uncontrollablely and I had my 7 month old in the car as well. I was able to look on top of the car and saw that the front sunroof was shattered. I immediately took the vehicle to gray daniels Nissan North in jackson, Ms. They told me that this will have to fall under my insurance but I don't understand why. This is a defect on how this model car handles pressure causing the sunroof to explode! my ears and head are aching due to the explosive sound.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Jan 112016

The outside rearview mirrors automatically adjust to a lower view when the car is backing up. When putting the car in D (drive), the mirrors are supposed to return to the normal setting. The driver side mirror does not; it needs to be manually reset each time.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Aug 082015

Sunroof transmission front bumper clip fuel sonar senor not working

- Lafayette, LA, USA