2003 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Murano:

2003 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 052012

Vehicle shut off while backing out of a parking space the first time, I did not think much of it. Two days layer the vehicle shut down while I was driving 50+ miles an hour. Would not crank back up until I pressed the gas pedal really hard as I cranked it.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Dec 192008

Start having problems with my 2003 Nissan Murano around 80,000 miles. The car started to skip while running and soon after, the car seems to have no power. Sometime after driving it for 20 mins or more mostly coming off the highway, I would experience no power when accelerate". after turning, the car off and allow it to sit for 10 mins. The problem did not repeat until again driving over 20 mins and repeat as above. My service engine soon light came on shortly afterwards. I had my local autozone to run a diags test and two codes came up P0011"camshaft position bank 1 & P0021 camshaft position bank 2. I took the car to Nissan dealership and they too ran a diags test and both codes were present for failed intake timing sensors. They said the cars oil pressure was low and recommended a change. Nissan replaced both camshaft censors on 1/08/09. Total repairs & labor was $430 on 06/01/09 again the car was repeating the same problems. I took the car back to the same Nissan dealership and they ran another diags test. Again, codes P0011 & P0021 were present. The service tech explains the reason for the code was due to insufficient oil changes. Also, explain the car needs the 90000 mile service treatments. They performed the 27-point inspection "all" changed air filter, battery service lube locks, oil & filter change rotate tires. Total repairs and labor $334.99. When I pick the car up, the car still did not have the power it normally had before all the problems, however the engine check light was off and the tech told me to drive it and bring it back if problem occur. My total repairs this time $334.99. The car continue to miss & skip and would continue to have a loss of power and would delay when accelerating after driving more than 20 mins in 80 degree temp. I am still having problems; my vehicle should be part of the 03V455000 recall circuit board for the crank position sensors.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Dec 012006

Murano 4WD 6-cyl

Consumer stated his 2003 Nissan Murano shifts in the rear end while going over bumps. Updated 02/19/10. Updated 07/26/10.

- Apple Valley, MN, USA