2003 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Murano:

2003 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 152012

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician replaced the air intake manifold. After the vehicle was repaired the failure recurred. NHTSA recall campaign number: 03V455000 (engine and engine cooling) could be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 124,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 282011

Murano 6-cyl

Vehicle hesitates and does a bunny hop randomly during stop and go traffic. Vehicle won't move at all you can have it floored, than all of a sudden it takes off. Took it to Nissan, they keep telling me its the transmission, which makes no sense since it only does it once in awhile. I finally decided to file a complaint because I was driving home the other day slowed down to get on interstate and car wouldn't go... almost got side swiped by a tractor trailer and rear ended by the guy behind me who assumed I was going. I have done some research, it does not seem like anyone really knows the cause and I am very perplexed as to the number of people having this issue yet no recall... I guess someone will have to die for this issue to be taken seriously, usually how things get done in the us.

- York, PA, USA

Jun 112012

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The check engine warning light would sporadically flash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was advised that the crankshaft position sensor failed. The manufacturer also advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 03V455000 (engine and engine cooling). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 107,000 and the current mileage was 113,000.

- Washington , DC, USA

Oct 122012

While driving the transmission in the car spontaneously downshifted. As a result of the transmission failure, the engine has had a rod failure. Nissan will not fix the car.

- Fidhers, IN, USA

Oct 152012

Murano 6-cyl

Driving and engine shutoff!!!!!!! could not brake or accelerate !!!! was terrified as I was in middle of intersection making a left with two children in the back! tuned key to off and restarted. Nissan says there is a recall for this issue but my VIN does not fall under it please help.

- Sylmar, CA, USA

May 022012

Murano 6-cyl

The "service engine soon" warning light has come on several times since I purchased my 2003 Nissan Murano. When in slow traffic or the engine has warmed up, when I press on the accelerator the car will not pick up speed, unless I depress it to the floor board. I'm terrified that I will be hit from the rear while waiting for my to get engine power. Doing my research online I noticed there was a recall NHTSA campaign id # 03V455000) for this exact problem on this year, make and model. I called Nissan with my VIN # and was told that my VIN# was not included in this recall. I'm very frustrated with Nissan at this point. I don't understand how if my car is doing the exact same thing as described in the recall, same year, make & model, why they would take a chance in the safety of me as well as my family. Is there anyone or anything else that I can do in order for Nissan to honor this recall since it was have a direct effect on the safety of my family, myself and other drivers if it was to cause a crash as they describe in their recall.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Sep 032012

Murano 6-cyl Diesel

My Murano was attempting to stall out several times while I was driving, especially after taking off....when it happened the last time, before I got the repairs, it just shut down while I was getting onto a busy highway. Thank god I was able to quickly pull to the soft shoulder before someone crashed into me.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 042012

Murano 6-cyl

First incident: While turning into a parking lot car shut off all warning lights on dash lit up. Since no power to car I was not able to turn or use my brakes effectively. I was stopped in the oncoming traffic lane. I was able to use my four way lights. Car had to be towed as we were unable to restart the car. Second incident: While driving on a city street at 35 miles an hour once again car turned off and I was unable to use gas or brakes related to no power. I barely was able to get about halfway into the turn lane to get out of traffic. Almost causing an accident. This te I was able to wait a few minutes and after a few unsuccessful attempts to start my car it finally began running again.

- Coloma, MI, USA

Aug 212012

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving with my 2kids...and my Murano star to loss power.and speed goin up without pushin de gas..I was soo scared..and the engine go completely off..on the freeway..went a try to started don't star...I replaced one cam sensor en still the I'm no have no more money to I'm stock with the car payment. Without car..the dealer don't want to help can help me to fix my cat"?" look nice...but. The motor is a piece a zssssshh... :(

- Red Bluff, CA, USA

Jun 082012

Murano 6-cyl

It was hot outside. I was on a major highway and all of a sudden I was unable to accelerate then the car lost power. I had to have my vehicle towed to a mechanic to find out my fuel pump fuse blew. Since then within a month time my car has lost power twice and abruptly stopped running on a major highway going about 55 mph. Putting myself and kids in a very dangerous situation. After sitting for about 20 minutes the first time and a hour the second time I pumped the gas pedal, turned the key and it started right up. I purchased my 2003 Murano only 4 months ago and never thought I would be here today scared to drive. Nissan needs to take these complaints much more seriously before someone lose their life behind this defect.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

May 132010

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to the contact's home. The contact replaced the battery, but the failure continued. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer. The dealer stated that they needed to replace the alternator. The vehicle was repaired and the failure continued. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 09V169000 (engine and engine cooling). The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 97,000.

- Pughkeepsie , NY, USA