2003 Nissan Murano transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Murano:

2003 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Sep 042010

This statement is in addition of numuras safety recalls. July 2008 on interstate 22 myrtle beach my 2003 Murano stalled out with son and daughter. July 2009 it stalled out in whiteville nc. It stalled again. On both occasions Nissan replaced a blown a blown fuse. Nothing else. August 2010 traffic the Murano stalled at 65 mph in heavy traffic nearly causing a ten car pile up. We were lucky. Towed Murano, to Nissan of myrtle beach, fuel pump was replaced. On all the recalls mailed to us refer:these safety recalls could cause fire or crashes. My wife is afraid of our death trap of our 2003 Murano. The fuel pump is not a recall, but if you look up complaints on fuel pumps and blown fuses you see I am not the only one my car is a death trap. I want a investigation done.

- Sunset Beach, NC, USA

Dec 242009

I was out completing last minute christmas shopping when my car starting making a loud clicking noise then stopped in the middle of traffic. The car would not go forward nor in reverse. I called my insurance company which had it towed to Nissan which informed me I would need a new cvt, which irritates me more because I had just gotten my car serviced on 18 December 09 and everything was suppose to be good to go. I feel completely helpless because the car at most is worth only 8 to 9,000. By the looks of all the complaints a new transmission is going to run me 3-5,000. I ensured I serviced my Murano only by Nissan at times prescribed and I'm forced to shell out more money on a $32,000 vehicle.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jun 292005

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan morano. The vehicle intermediatley will not accelerate. Its like you have to pump the gas pedal to get it to go. Took to dealer 5 or 6 times. They reset the computer and moved time to the transmission. After that they keep saying it was fixed.

- Yonkers, NY, USA