2004 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Aug 142009

The drivers side power seat rocks and is not secure.

- West Shokan, NY, USA

Aug 012009

My 2004 Nissan Murano driver's seat has a broken frame. It leans to the left and back. It rests against the post between the front seat and back seat. It traps the seat belt between the post and the seat. I have to struggle to put the seatbelt on every time I get into the car. I took my car to wright's Nissan in wexford, pa, the mechanic there told me that I would need to get it fixed in order to pass inspection. They wanted to charge me $850 for a new seat. I was able to contact a private welder and he said he would fix it for a fee alot smaller than the $850 Nissan wants to charge me. I believe Nissan should recall this defect before someone gets seriously hurt or killed.

- Parker, PA, USA

Jul 292009

Gear on the right track of the driver's seat stopped working so driver's seat rotates instead of moving forward.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Jul 302009

The seat on my 2004 Murano broke suddenly while I was turning right. It broke so suddenly I hit my head against the drive window and swerved over the median almost hitting another car. I read several hundred postings regarding the same seat weld issue on this car.. Nissan needs to do a recall on this.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jun 212009

I bought a new 2004 Nissan Murano sl AWD from the dealership. By October 2004, I had to get the front drivers seat replaced because it was loose and rocked back and forth. Now in June 2009, the problem has recurred but much more severely, and since I am now out of warranty, the dealer wants $1100 to replace it. There are two service bulletins from Nissan on this: Ntb03-095 and ntb05-043C. Nissan even changed the part number indicating or suggesting a design/manufacturing issue/defect. Either way, this is definitely a safety issue and I am gravely concerned for my safety in the event of a collision. This pertains to NHTSA investigation PE08065. Thank you!

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Jun 152009

2004 Nissan Murano driver's seat is broken from frame. Seat tilts to the rear- left and rocks up and down when sitting or putting weight on seat. Electrical functions of the seat (up/down and back and forth) are working. Concerned with safety issue not having the seat properly secured. Seems too much movement (rocking) could be a danger if in a collision - unsure if the seat and seat belt mechanism will work properly if in a crash. Will be taking the vehicle to Nissan dealer for repair. Don't know replacement costs.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Jun 202009

Seat moves / slides somewhat since motor broke. Safety concern is that it will begin to move freely, causing vehicle to be unsafe to operate.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Jun 152009

Normal everyday usage of my front driver side seat. One day for no apparent reason the front driver side seat broke. The seat is now unsafe and rocks back and forth. I took it to the dealer for repairs and was told it was a broken seat frame and cost $1056 to repair. I cannot drive the vehicle now because the seat is unsafe.

- Belleville, IL, USA

May 102009

This is the second defect that I have had with this car and a lot of Nissan Murano owners have had it as well. The problem is with the seat rocking and sliding. It seems that these seats were not made right or have had poor craftsmanship. This is very dangerous being the fact that in an accident the driver could fly out the windshield due to the negligence to properly fix this problem.....this can cause major injuries or even death................

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Aug 102008

Regular driving, 2004 Nissan Murano SE, noticed one day the drivers seat started making a creaking noise. I didn't pay much attention till one day while cleaning the interior, I pushed against the seat and it moved back and down towards the drivers rear left. I researched the issue on, and found out it was a broken seat frame. I also had mossy Nissan check it out and they also told me it was a broken seat frame. Due to the cost of the repair, and the likely hood of it recurring, I did not fix the seat through Nissan.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 282009

Front drivers seat adjuster frame breaks. Causes seat to become loose from floor.

- Spencer, MA, USA

Apr 022009

On our 2004 Nissan Murano the power drivers seat will no longer adjust front to back. It will twist with the outside moving but inside not moving. This is a safety problem because the seat is stuck almost all way back and the only way that my wife can drive is to put a large pillow behind her. Checking on line there appears to be design and or manufacturing problems with the Murano drivers seats. I have contacted tony holland, service director at crown Nissan in greensboro, nc and he advised that per the Nissan area rep because of age and mileage Nissan will not make a good will repair. To get the required part you must buy the whole seat track for $796.62 which is crazy. Total cost would be $1,118.67 plus tax. On line there seams to be two issues one the seat frame breaking and the other a plastic part that drives the ball screw breaking. Nissan will not check the problem until you authorize the purchase of the seat track. This an accident waiting to happen. I urge you to issue a mandatory recall to make Nissan take responsibility to fix their error like a responsible company would do.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Apr 172009

While driving (at 65 mph!) the left rear anchor bracket of the drivers seat suddenly broke causing the seat to collapse and become unstable. I was lucky to be able to remain in control of the car and avoid an accident. As a result of this broken bracket, my seat rocks severely when I turn corners and sometimes when I apply the brakes. This is a serious safety concern and a recall should be issued. I have not had the car repaired as of yet but I do find by researching that this issue is quite common (service bulletins have been issued by Nissan and you) and the repair costly. Until I hear from you, I will fix for the time being by installing some wooden blocks under my seat to stabilize it. Again, I urge you to issue a recall on this very serious safety issue.

- Wall, NJ, USA

Apr 042009

Drivers seat rocks from left to right. This occurred once before in 2006 and was repaired under warranty. Now there is 52,000 on car and this is beyond warranty with a major cost from Nissan for repair.

- Rockville Centre, NY, USA

Apr 012009

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano and the power seat as I was simply driving down the road just leaned to the left suddenly. I took to Nissan to repair they gave me a quote of $1,200.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 172009

My 2003 Murano drivers seat frame cracked at the left front support while driving. There is only normal usage of the seat under normal driving conditions. I took my car to the dealer as I thought it may just be a bolt that was loose or something and was told the whole seat frame would need to be replaced to fix the issue. This is a serious safety hazard as the seat rocks forward whenever braking in the vehicle. Had it broken under strain from breaking to avoid an accident I could have lost control of the car. What's the use in being buckled in if your seat is not securely fastened to the car.

- Dunwoody, GA, USA

Mar 062009

I have a 2004 SE Nissan Murano and the driver seat has broken. I was driving my Murano while coming to a turn and heard a loud snap sound while immediately my driver seat went left against the driver door making it hard to control the wheel. I could have had a wreck trying to brace and control my balance of the car. I am 179 pounds and weight could not have played a factor in this seat defect do to reading many, many complaints about this same issue happening to Nissan Murano owners. The metal assembly bracket has broken I later discovered. I have contacted Nissan and it is not under warranty and to have repair is estimated at 1,000 dollars. This is outrageous!!! there needs to be a recall on this part by identifying it as a safety hazard and could cost someone their life !!!!!!!!!!!

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Feb 172009

While driving this morning, I made a right turn @ about 5mph out of the traffic light (driving conditions were dry road, slow speed and daylight), when I noticed a snap sound from underneath my 42,200miles 2004 Nissan Murano sl driver's seat and felt as if the seat came loose from the seat railing bottom. Instantly I fell backwards and towards the left side of the seat almost loosing control of the wheel and pulling my lower back muscle trying to get my self up. Pulled over to check the seat, and noticed the seat was loose, hardly made any force to move or wiggle it back & forth or side to side. Immediately noticed a loose "bar" or piece of metal. Went to my usual Nissan service center to find out about the problem/broken part and found out the broken part is the back crossbar of the seat lifter link slide assembly. It actually detached from the welding on the left side of the seat. My vehicle is not covered by any warranty as it expired about a year or so and the service center will not replace with out a cost and a new assembly. It will sell the whole assembly though, which I do not intend on paying since I believe this is a design/manufacturing failure and needless to say a safety issue. I found out Nissan motors knows about this problems with the Murano's drivers seat and have not done anything, and they should. Even Nissan came up with a "reinforced"/ different part number seat assembly, also I know for a fact that many Murano owners have filled complaints both with Nissan & the NHTSA and nothing has come up or done. I was lucky I didn't crash or sustained any damages other than a sprained lower back, an unsafe seat and an undriveable car in the meantime. Believe me, it could have been worst a lot worst. For the record, I complained to Nissan about a year ago about a back & forth rocking motion on the same seat and found nothing but a loose nut. Something have to be done before someone do get really hurt or killed. Please help us.

- Carolina, PR, USA

Feb 102008

The driver seat in my 2004 Nissan Murano broke. The motor is still working but the right side of the cable is broken so it doesn't slide forward. This is a major security issue and it costs over $1000 to repair it. I have read many other Muranos with similar complaints so this must be a manufacture defect.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 032009

Failure of the power seat drive. Driver's seat seemed to be lopsided, high on the left side of it. Now I have to drive with seat severely askew to the right and seat could not be properly adjusted. Repair will cost about $850 plus tax. All for the sake of a poorly designed, overworked small plastic gear.

- West Babylon, NY, USA