6.0

1. dealer replaced (2 reports)
  3. replace handle (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

May 232010

Murano SL 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

Can't believe my wife broke the door handle off the driver side of our 2004 Murano. She weighs 98 lbs and is almost the exclusive driver.

I called the dealer who said this is rare and they don't keep the part in inventory. He offered to order the part for $106.50 plus-plus. No word on installation labor cost.

Any suggestions regarding locating a replacement handle and tips for installation would be welcomed.

Thanks

- , Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jun 012010

Murano SL 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

Door handle grips on this Murano keep on breaking, replace it on one door only to have another door handle snap. The part that wraps around the latch breaks off. Cheap plastic is all I can say. They should of used a forged metal end meshed with the plastic. Could really be a life threatening issue one day.

- , Columbus, MS, USA

Mar 182010

Murano 3.5L

• CVT transmission

Went to open drivers side car door and handle fell off. Had to pay $430 to get fixed. Dealership denies any problem with the part. This is a cheap plastic door handle. If I knew the door handles were plastic I would never had bought the car. I feel that this is a way Nissan uses to make addition money for itself by installing parts they know will break ever so often. WIll not buy another Nissan. Dealer did not apologize or anything for this defective part. You will pay constantly for this defect. Cheap plastic part not worth $10 that they gouge you for. Look at how many complaints there are on just this site about the door handle. Nissan does nothing about it. Needs to be recalled.

- , Daly City, CA, USA

Jan 062010

Murano SL V6

• CVT transmission

Just thought I'd add my experience here. I actually pulled on the door handle to open the rear driver's side door. Because it was locked, the handle came up very easily, slipped out of my hand and sprung back into position. When it did, it broke off and shot past my head and onto the car in the stall next to mine. Forget BB guns- you could put your eye out with one of these door handles!! I hope I can find the part for less than I'm seeing on this site. I'm not afraid to take the car apart to fix it myself but man am I scared of overpriced plastic parts!!

- , Concord, CA, USA

Oct 192009

Murano SL V6

I'm glad there are websites like this that have factual content that helps car owners and future car owners in their maintenance and future buying decisions.

Onto my Murano...The chrome exterior driver-side door handle broke. I don't pull on the door handle hard, nor was this an incident where the door was inadvertently locked and unknowingly pulled too hard. The Murano doors aren't heavy and don't require much force to open. Dealer charged $250 to replace.

Nissan in their infinite wisdom provides a workaround solution; press and hold the unlock button on the key fob for 5 seconds and the windows automatically roll down, making it possible to open the door from the inside.

- , Mesa, AZ, USA