2004 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Dec 152010

Murano SL 3.2L

I have always maintained my cars and this car has had nothing but problems the past 3 years. It is only a 2004. I have had rust starting in the undercarriage for a couple of years now and had it fixed because I felt it could happen. Now I found out the cradle of the car, the main frame is rusted so bad that it has also caused the ball joints to go and new tires to go because of the pressure and the way the tires were not wearing correctly. Nissan wanted nothing to do with it and said it is normal wear if you don't have a garage. I didn't know I had to have a garage to keep a car more than 4 years. Everyone in the capital district that doesn't garage their cars should have this problem. It is gonna cost me $3,000. to repair this and then who knows what will go next.

I do not have the luxury to purchase a new car every 4 years and thought a Nissan would last me or I would not have purchased it. I already put in thousands of dollars prior to this repair in rusted oil lines and the wheels rusting out. In addition to all that is normal in the repairs of a car. I just made my last car payment on the car. Nissan offered to give me 10% off the cost of the part only and the labor charge that was so incredibly escalated that it wasn't even realistic once I took it to another body shop and saw how much it should really cost.

I am angry and will never buy another Nissan, It would be cheaper to lease a car forever than deal with the expense and problems I've had with my Nissan. I have heard of others that had other problems with their Nissan and ended up dumping the vehicle because it was too much for a car that was not old enough to have the problems they had. Its just not right and there is no reason why these problems should have happened.

- , Clifton Park, NY, USA