2004 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Aug 052004

Murano 6-cyl

On the evening of Aug 4, 2004, I was driving home, noticed that the battery and brake light were illuminated on my new (6500 miles) Nissan Murano. I planned to take it to the local dealer the next day, as soon as I completed two unchangeable appointments. As I started to leave the parking lot on the second appointment, the vehicle would not accelerate. I called the dealer and my husband, who came to get me. The vehicle had to be towed. Diagnosis: Failed alternator. Needless to say, I was not happy. They had to order the part, and the repair was finished on the following Tuesday, Aug 10. The service manager said he had previously had 4 or so failed alternators, and didn't understand why Nissan had not recalled the vehicles. The repair has been fine, the dealership loaned me a vehicle, even though I bought it out of town. Then I started to check the internet, and found that there are a lot of alternator failures. I am thankful that mine happed in a local parking lot instead of on the road.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA