8.0

1. replace alternator (3 reports)
2004 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Murano SE 3.5L

• CVT transmission

This is the THIRD time the alternator goes bad on my 2004 Nissan Murano. This is the first time I even hear that there was a recall on it. Can I call the dealer and let them know of the problem to see if they will cover it or will they deny me because it has already been replaced twice??

- , North Hills, CA, USA

May 152015

Murano S AWD 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

I have to charged the battery every day up to 14 volt. when starting the car it lowers to 12 volt, or lower than that. The next start gives only a clicking sound. I also see a light flashing on the dashboard. It shows a car with a key in it.

- , Paramaribo, Suriname

Mar 272015

Murano LS

• CVT transmission

When driving car, I noticed the battery light come on suddenly. I called my husband to ask him about it, and he said that he would look at it that night. About 10 minutes later, when I was driving 50 mph, the car was still running, but even when I put the gas pedal all the way to the floor, there was zero acceleration. Thankfully, I was able to pull off the road and get help. Our son in-law, a mechanic, replaced the alternator and the battery. It never ran the same again, and now, three months later, we know why. We have experienced a complete failure of the transmission. We will not put any more money into this car!

- , Cumming, GA, USA

Feb 012013

Murano SL 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

The alternator went bad for the second time on the vehicle in 75k miles.. A real pain in the butt to repair yourself ... Takes about 6 hours and is nearly impossible if you aren't experienced in fixing vehicles. This alternator was recalled by Nissan and replaced but then went out again. Stay away from this vehicle, it is plagued by problems...

- , Sarasota County, FL, USA