5.3

2004 Nissan Murano miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Apr 102007

Murano

Idler pulley and bracket design default. I just took my car in after an all of the sudden clanging noise - at 35,000 miles. I was told by authorized dealership that I required a new idler pulley and bracket. Apparently it was broken. I believe this is a design default and should be looked into. I have heard many people complaining of this same thing. I ended up paying $99 for labor, $69.50 for the pulley, and $25 for the bracket. This part failing at 35,000 miles is unacceptable.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Feb 012007

Murano 6-cyl

Alternator adjusting bracket - I had to have my 2004 Nissan Murano serviced due to a coolant leak that I noticed. When looking at the vehicle, entire underbody was filled with coolant and no coolant remained in the reservoir. The dealer serviced the vehicle and documented the issue as the alternator adjusting bracket having broken and rupturing the hose, fan pulley and the power steering belt being negatively impacted. After speaking with the service tech., there have been multiple times that he has seen this issue. With an obvious repeating issue in the vehicles, the severity of damage to the vehicle (bracket breaks, alternator loosens in hood and damages surrounding mechanisms, or occupants (operation of vehicle not ideal with bracket broken, impacting surrounding mechanisms (power steering belt, fan, alternator, coolant system) that could result, and the customer dissatisfaction of having this issue and incurring the costs to repair.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 262005

Murano 6-cyl

I hit a pot hole around Dec 2005. My vehicle received extensive damage. I will like for you to investigate the damages, was this cause by the pot hole, or vehicle was not check appropriately. There has been certain recalls on my vehicle which has made me wonder.

- Newark, NJ, USA