2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 16 of 22)

Apr 182009

Murano

I currently own a 2005 Nissan Murano with approx. 60K miles. To my surprise while driving the car, the seat began to rock back and forth for no apparent reason. After taking the car into our local Nissan dealer, I was informed that the welds on the drivers seat had broken at the base and this was a common problem. Unfortunately, this repair would cost around $1,000 to remedy. After researching this problem online, I have found that this is indeed a very common issue with Nissan Murano's, but Nissan Corp. Has not issued a safety recall. This is a very serious safety defect. Some owners have stated that they were driving when this defect occurred and it caused the driver to veer into oncoming traffic due to the surprise of the seat falling towards the drivers door. After speaking with Nissan Consumer Affairs, I was informed that there was not a recall issued and that I would be responsible for the correction of this safety defect. Some owners have paid to have this issue corrected, only to have it occur yet again.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Jun 162009

Murano

My 2005 Nissan Murano driver's seat popped while at a stop light when I reposition myself in the seat. It was the left rear bracket. In reading several websites, this appears to be an international problem and is possibly a design flaw and could cause serious injury if this happens while in motion.

- Sparks, NV, USA

May 152009

Murano

Broken driver's seat. Seat seems to have detached from base and rocks back and forth; when turning the only thing holding me onto the seat is my seatbelt. Car is a 2005 Murano with 39,700 miles on it purchased new.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Jun 012009

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact heard a loud pop and the driver's seat became detached from the vehicle. The dealer stated that the rear driver's side bolt failed on the seat rail. In addition, the driver's seat would tilt when the vehicle was turned right or left. He was concerned that he could lose control of the vehicle if the seat moved away from the steering wheel or accelerator and/or brake pedals. The estimated cost of repair was over $1,000. The VIN was unable to be entered into the system. The current and failure mileages were less than 52,000. Updated 06/24/09. Updated 06/26/09.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jun 042009

Murano

Lifter link assembly broke on my 2005 Nissan Murano. Took the car in for servicing and when I picked it up the seat was broken. The dealership fixed it because it was covered under my extended warranty. Still had to pay the $50 deductible, because there was no recall. I understand that I am not the only one who has experienced this problem.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

May 012009

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the driver's seat and rear driver's side frame, located on the corner of the seat, separated. While driving various speeds, the seat would rock back and forth. The bolts were still intact, but the actual seat was separated from the frame. He was concerned about his safety in the event of a potential crash. The dealer did not believe it was a serious issue and could not assist with the repairs. The repair costs were estimated at $1,200. Currently, there is an open investigation. The vehicle has not been repaired. The VIN was unknown. The current and failure mileages were less than 84,000.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Oct 302008

Murano

Seat frame seperation in the left rearcorner of driver seat. Seat frame is not connected welded joints have broken. Unsafe to drive in this condition I bought this car new in 2005 it has 80,000 miles on it and has never been in an accident. Fed government should make this a recall now before someone gets killed!

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jun 052009

Murano

Yesterday my 2005 Nissan Murano drivers seat frame broke and the seat is rocking back and forth. I have read on the web of many, many Murano owners with this same problem. It is very dangerous and is obviously a known issue, how can Nissan not recall this?

- Coldwater, Ontario Canada, 00, USA

Jan 032009

Murano

Drivers side power seat broken.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jun 042009

Murano

I own a 2005 Murano and while driving my seat dropped and slammed over to the drivers side door. This completely caught me off guard and caused me to pull into the opposite lane. There were no cars on the road with me at the time so no accident happened. Now my seat leans to the left and constantly moves as I turn or come to a stop it wobbles. I have called my dealership and they have let me know this is not a recall. I have researched and found not only on this website but hundreds of others that report this exact problem. If I get in to an accident while awaiting for the recall to actually go in to affect it is very possible being my seat is not connected to my vehicle that I will become projectile or the force of my seat to my seatbelt is going to cause broken collar bones and facial bones. This is a flaw in the vehicle and needs to be acknowledged as one.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

May 202009

Murano

Drivers seat rocks side to side when adjusting seat with vehicle in motion, which could creating a loss of vehicle control.

- Enid, OK, USA

Jun 012009

Murano

2005 Nissan Murano driver's seat lifter link slide assembly broke. The seat rocks back and forward when accelerating or decelerating.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Feb 162009

Murano

There were no accidents or incidents. It just snapped.drivers front seat frame is broken on left side. We were told there is nothing that can be done except replace the part which costs over $700 for parts plus labor. After checking the Nissan usa blog, it seems this is not uncommon and is a safety issue. Nothing has been done to fix this problem by the dealership.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

May 022009

Murano

When leaving an intersection, the rear seat bracket snapped, leaving the seat sagging and flopping with the movement of the vehicle. Took vehicle to local dealership. Service advisor seemed to minimize the seriousness of the damage. Claim he was not aware of similar incidences. A simple internet search revealed a pattern of this issue with this specific vehicle. Nissan has agreed to pay a portion of the repair, but claims the damage is outside warranty. Car seats should not break under normal use, and Nissan needs to formalize a recall. This is another complaint related to NHTSA action # PE05050.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Feb 092009

Murano

Drivers seat is loose due to broken seat track.

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 202005

Murano

Drivers seat lifter assembly bracket cracked in half. Seat is now loose. Many others on internet forums have reported this problem as well.

- Blooming Grove, NY, USA

May 202009

Murano

I recently purchased a used 2005 Nissan Murano. I feel in the love with the car. Unfortunately, I have found a problem with the driver side seat. The frame has broken and is now leaning towards the driver side door. I can actually rock the seat back and forth. I have contacted Nissan and they have told me that there are no recalls and the warranty has expired. Unfortunately, for others, I have read about the same problem with other 2005 Muranos from other owners. I'm very disappointed and feel like this should be covered by Nissan or by recall since it's a defective part of the car. Please review this complaint along with the many others regarding this issue.

- Iowa Falls, IA, USA

Aug 112008

Murano

I own a 2005 Nissan Murano. The frame on the drivers seat has broken in the back left side. The dealer inspected it and said that although they have seen many of these it isn't recalled and I am out of warranty so they will not replace it. It is obviously a structural problem. There are thousands of people on line with the same problem. I was quoted $1000 to repair. That seems outrageous to pay when it is a defect in the part the used.

- Monticello, IL, USA

May 122009

Murano

2005 Nissan Murano: I am having a problem with the driver's power seat. It adjusts itself randomly & makes clicking noises, while I am driving. It mainly slides back to the farthest position, so it is very hard to touch the brake & accelerator pedals. This has been intermittently occurring for approx 7 days. As of today, the back of the seat is now randomly moving forward while I am driving, so that it is in effect folding me in half! this seems like a very dangerous way to drive.. previous to the seat randomly moving on a regular basis (since the past week), the seat felt like it was tilted slightly to one side. At first the problem was that the seat sometimes would slip out of position into another position. This went on for about 2 or so weeks before the clicking noises & random repositioning started happening. I would like the NHTSA to check into this seat failure as I feel that it is a dangerous problem. The seat moves back randomly when I'm driving & for a shorter person this could cause an accident as they may not even be able to touch the pedals in order to pull over. Does this warrant a safety recall??

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

May 102009

Murano

Drivers seat became loose at rear bracket causing seat to tilt and become loose. Drivers seat is unsafe due to broken bracket underneath seat.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA