2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 22)

Jun 272014

Murano 6-cyl

Drivers seat leans to the left, seems like this is a very well known problem for this car.

- Fate, TX, USA

Jan 182006

Murano 6-cyl

In 2013 I had to have my driver seat bracket welded due to it breaking. My airbag lights flash continuously since about 2006 and I was told that it would be a few thousand dollars to replace the sensor, also my check engine light comes on and then goes off. When I took it in they said it could be several things from catalytic converter to an exhaust issue and that it would be trial and error to figure out which would remy the problem. Not to mention my driver side visor wont stay up and my alternator keeps draining my battery so I have to replace yearly. Someone please help.

- Kenner, LA, USA

May 232014

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the driver's seat bracket fracture. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the bracket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 160,000.

- Goodlettsville, TN, USA

May 282014

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving approximately 3 mph, a loud abnormal noise was present and the driver's seat suddenly moved backwards and to the left causing the driver to momentarily loose control of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that a section of the front seat frame had cracked as a result the driver seat link assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- Farmington, UT, USA

Sep 012011

Murano 6-cyl

The drivers side seat frame broke causing the seat to be unstable during braking. I contacted the Nissan dealer at the time and he stated it was not covered under the warranty and recommended I find someone to weld the seat frame.

- Wheelersburg, OH, USA

May 102014

Murano 6-cyl

Driving, heard loud pop and driver's seat tilted back. The right rear bracket broke on the seat frame that Nissan installed to replace the first one that broke on 01/30/2009 at 62,853 miles. Nissan refuses to do the repair at no charge and said it will cost $1,200. My initial complaint for the first incident (ODI number) is: 10593351.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA

Jan 302009

Murano 6-cyl

Driving on highway, heard a loud pop and my seat tilted back. The left rear bracket broke.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA

Mar 042013

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's side seat frame broken on outboard side.

- Tremonton, UT, USA

Feb 152014

Murano 6-cyl

Drivers seat frame broke causing driver to swerve. Fortunately no traffic other cars or pedestrians were in the immediate vicinity.

- Decatur, IL, USA

May 202010

Murano 6-cyl

Seat bracket broke causing seat to wobble side to side, weakening other points of attachment. I had the seat bracket welded twice so far and it has rebroken twice. Internet research revealed that these brackets break very frequently in 2003-2008 Nissan Muranos, even those with very low mileage. Nissan recognizes that this is a faulty design, as their replacement part is much stronger and totally different, yet no recall. Quite a safety issue when your seat comes loose while you are driving! seats should not disconnect from the car with normal wear. I weigh 170 pounds, not above average for a full grown adult driver.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 212012

Murano 6-cyl

Got in my car and felt the driver side seat tilt. The arm under the seat broke. This is a common problem as I have been reviewing the internet. Although there are no fatalities as of yet, it is a problem Nissan is aware of yet will not fix. It costs $500 at my Nissan dealer to fix the seat because it is "out of warranty". I know that this probably will just be put in a file but it would be nice if you could do something before some family out there will be missing a family member in death due to a fixable problem that Nissan refuses to deal with.

- Redding, CA, USA

Aug 012010

Seat frame bracket on driver seat snapped. Problem is widely reported online. Avoided dealer ripoff fee of over $1,000 by having independent mechanic weld the failed hardware.

- Reston, VA, USA

May 012012

Murano 6-cyl

For a couples of days I started hearing the driver seat noise, while I was driving or at rest in a redlight. Then one day while driving my seat suddenly felt to the left side. It did not when all to the car floor or over the door but I did not have any stability of my body for that side.

- Gurabo, PR, USA

Oct 282013

My driver seat broke recently. A search online determines this is a recurring prob for this vehicle. Why has this issue not been a recall item, or why isn't Nissan covering this defect"?? the repair is approx $1,200!!! "

- Sacramento , CA, USA

Jul 222013

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving 35 mph when the driver's seat became fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The contact was informed that the weld joints in the lifter seat bracket were fractured and needed replacing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000. Updated 12/20/13

- Royse City, TX, USA

Oct 132013

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat bracket broken while driving vehicle on straight and level operation. Researched problem and found a ton of other complaints from various other owners with same issue. Issue is the rear left bracket on drivers seat. Seat moves all over the place at the moment and is extremely unsafe to be driven. This is a manufacture defect in this seat.

- Mentone, CA, USA

Oct 062013

Murano 6-cyl

Just sat down in my car yesterday and the drivers seat made a popping noise and fell over to the left towards the door. I only way 110lbs. I have looked under the seat and there is a metal bracket that holds the seat up that is broken.

- Seymour, TN, USA

Aug 052013

Murano 6-cyl

While accelerating from a stop at a light the left rear corner of the driver's side seat dropped about 3-4 inches. I was now leaning back and to the left in a very weird position. I had a hard time reaching the pedals as the front of the seat was now much higher than the rear so my legs were pulled back from the brake and gas pedals. I could pull myself back up and "balance" on the three other seat mounts that were still good but I had to pull on the steering wheel to do so and that made it difficult to steer. I pulled over into a parking lot a soon as I could. After a few minutes of investigation I discovered I could at least have a stable seat if I lowered it all the way to the floor. The broken seat mount now rests on the floor of the vehicle which works for me as I'm fairly tall and can still operate the car. However, anyone a bit shorter than me cannot drive safely as they cant adjust the seat up any longer. I'm glad I was driving fairly slow when this happened as it was quite an abrupt and startling change in driving position and seems quite dangerous if driving at higher speeds or if someone has a different reaction to such an event.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jul 102013

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while traveling 50 mph, the driver's seat rocked back and forth. Upon inspection, it was found that the base of the seat had fractured. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who stated that the reclining device rod had fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was informed of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 199,250 and the current mileage was 200,017.

- Cassatt, SC, USA

May 202013

Drivers seat frame cross-member weld broke on the left rear lower weld. Feels like on every turn that driver can be thrown and tilted forward right from the seat causing the steering wheel to react in an uncontrolled albeit momentary jolt. Extremely dangerous as this is the cross member between left and right. Many complaints online for hundreds of owners with same exact issue down to the same side and same weld. I have 2 infants that make this a very scary and dangerous situation that Nissan has obviously failed to design correctly and should be a common and straightforward fix for their dealerships to resolve and owe buyers. Thanks for your time and attention.

- Campbell, CA, USA