2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 21 of 22)

Jul 102008

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 35 mph, the driver's seat frame was loose and tilted to the left. There was no prior warning to this malfunction. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they stated that the frame was damaged and needed to be replaced. The vehicle has not been repaired. The contact was concerned of the safety risk involved. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 50,000 and current mileage was 55,000.

- Lee's Summit, MO, USA

Jul 252008

The driver's side seat frame snapped in two places while the car was not even in motion. Lakeland Nissan dealer first said it was covered under a tsb, but after taking it to them they said it was not covered because the mileage was over 36,000 mi. Even though no one mentioned this previously. Lakeland Nissan dealer then quoted $997 to replace the seat frame. This appears to be a major public safety risk and manufacturer's defect, at the very least a poor design. I have researched this on the web and found similar complaints on multiple occasions. I would really like to review the initial crash test results from Nissan to see how this escaped detection. (maybe it didn't) what IżD like to know is why there is not an investigation on this" does someone have to be killed or injured of it before the government acts" a recall is warranted in my opinion for this problem. This ends my customer loyalty to Nissan. I will never purchase another one or use they're dealership service dept. Again.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 012008

My 2005 Nissan Murano's driver's seat snapped and broke when simply going around a curve at a low rate of speed. The car had 38,000 miles on it and was only 2 years old. I took it to the dealership and they admitted to me that it was a defective seat bracket, but that the company was not going to cover it- not the dealership, and not the car manufacturer. They admitted that they had fixed many, many Muranos with this same defect in the past two years. Because it was a safety hazard, and the car is leased, I was stuck with a $1,200 repair bill ($800 for the part, a whole new seat track and $400 for labor). I appealed to Nissan corporation because the internet is buzzing with reports of this being a documented defect and engineering flaw, and they told me that they were not planning on doing anything about it- I was stuck paying the entire amount! I felt ripped off to the max! since I have a 3 year old and the seat flopped around at will when I was driving, I felt like I has no choice but to fix it because I was afraid of a crash. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves, and so should brown's Nissan of sterling, Virginia! before this I was quite happy with the car, but no more- I feel cheated and robbed by Nissan and brown's.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jun 232008

After going over a speed hump, I felt my seat fall to the left side with a load braking sound. Looked and saw bracket was broken in two spots. (driver side seat 05 Murano SE) no prior problems to this happening.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Jun 202008

The driver's seat of my 2005 Nissan Murano rocks from side-to-side and the left side of the seat sits lower. Took the car in to the dealership, they said that the weld broke on the seat frame of the drivers seat. Fixing this is not covered by any of Nissan's warranties. Cost of repairs: $607.81 for a new seat, $321 for labor and $35 to expedite the shipping of the part (only have one car in the family, waiting 5 days was not an option).

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 012008

A bracket in the drivers side seat in my 2005 Nissan muran has broken causing the seat to list to one side and to rock whenever the vehicle stops or corners. I am aware that this is a widespread problem with this make and model.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

May 032008

Broken drivers seat on 2005 Nissan Murano sl AWD. Seat rocks back and forth. Vehicle brought to baysate Nissan in springfield, MA in May 2008. Told repair would cost $995 - extended warranty would not cover seat repair.

- Wilbraham, MA, USA

Mar 202008

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's side seat has broken frame not covered by Nissan. Seems to be a defective frame. Currently 25 complaints on NHTSA. Nissan should address issue.

- North Tonawanda, NY, USA

May 252008

Drivers seat broken. Possibly a broken bracket.

- Weedsport, NY, USA

May 202008

My 05 Murano, just 33K miles...the driver's seat has become detached and the service department told me it may have been a welding defect. When I asked about the cost for repair and what was involved, parts and labor are approx. $1,000. They said I need to replace the entire seat bottom. Said the assembly just comes apart and is not repairable. He told me even with an extended warranty, this still would not be covered. I have escalated a claim with the Consumer Affairs department at Nissan and they are supposed to contact me sometime today. So far, I've been told that the powertrain warranty will not cover this as well. I can't believe how many complaints are on the internet for this same problem and safety issue. This should definitely be a recalled item for Nissan.

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

May 072008

Murano 6-cyl

2005 Nissan Murano the driver seat bar under the seat snapped as I was driving it.

- Bergenfield , NJ, USA

May 022008

Broken seat frame.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 032008

Murano 6-cyl

Power drivers side seat in Nissan Murano 2005 jammed on the right side after 50,000 miles.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Mar 262008

Murano 6-cyl

Seat support on driver's seat broke. Read on internet about several similar failures. 2005 Nissan Murano, 70,000 miles.

- Charleston, WV, USA

Mar 042008

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving 30 mph, the driver side seat tilted to the left when she made a turn. As a result, the contact hit her head on the driver side window. The dealer inspected the vehicle and recommended she replace the entire seat. The contact filed a complaint with Nissan however; they refused to cover the damages. The current mileage was 67,000 and failure mileage was 65,519. The consumer stated the brakcet sheared off due to what he believed was a manufacturer's defect.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Mar 192008

Murano 6-cyl

As I was leaving my garage, I heard a click and a snap and realized (after my seat started leaning to the left) that the driver's seat on my 2005 Nissan Murano broke. Luckily I wasn't in heavy traffic and was able to pull over. It is unbelievable that Nissan has yet to voluntarily recall this defect. Currently the vehicle is at the dealer and I am waiting for Nissan to take responsibility for this issue. This is the 3rd incident I have had with this truck.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jul 012007

Murano 6-cyl

Driver side seat bracket broke. Just cracked. It appears several people have experienced the same problem. Concern about the integrity in the event of an accident.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Mar 192008

2005 Nissan Murano failing mounting brackets. Consumer would like to know if while crash testing the Nissan Murano if they encountered failure a failure with the driver side mounting brackets. While navigating a left turn, the drivers side seat suddenly titled to the left causing the consumer to lean against the door and bump her head on the drivers side window. The sudden shift also caused an injury to the consumers lower back. The bracket sheared due to what the consumer believed was a manufacturing defect.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jan 102008

Murano 6-cyl

Nissan '05 Murano power driver's seat broken several time I took it the first time to the dealer and got it fix for $1200 than broke again last month I reported the issue with Nissan but they wont resolve the issue. I think it is a very serious issue that should be taking care off. God for bet I get to an accident I could easily fly out of the car. This is a bad safety issue and need to pay attention to.

- Budd Lake, NJ, USA

Feb 022008

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's side seat frame broke on exterior side. Angle bracket with hinge pin snapped in (2) two places.

- Lincoln University, PA, USA