2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 7 of 22)

Jul 152011

Murano 6-cyl

Sitting in seat constant problem, caused veering off rd. Seat rocks if accident the seat will break causing possible death.

- Atlanta , GA, USA

Jun 162011

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 5 mph the contact drove over a speed bump and the drivers seat slightly rocked back and forth. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technicians stated there was a broken weld in the lower front drivers side seat frame that needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 76,100.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Aug 012010

Seat support cross-bar broke, seat now floats when driving

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 282011

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while parking the vehicle, the vehicle exhibited a popping sound and the contact noticed that the front driver seat was fractured. The contact believed the vehicle was unsafe to drive because the seat would move and was not stable. The contact called the manufacturer and they stated that there were no recalls and were unable to assist. The contact stated that there were numerous complaints on the internet regarding the failure for his particular make and model vehicle. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Hannah City, IL, USA

Jun 092011

Murano 6-cyl

2005 Nissan Murano driver's side seat frame broke for no reason. Numerous reports of same issue according to dealer and online research. Serious safety concern since restraint system is now compromised. Quote to repair is over $1,000.

- Corryton, TN, USA

Jun 032011

Murano 6-cyl

While turning right while driving my 2005 Nissan Murano I heard and felt a loud pop underneath my seat. Upon investigating I discovered that the back left side of my seat had broken loose from the bracket. The left back of the seat remains disengaged from the seat frame. I went to the Nissan dealer today where I purchased the car and was quoted $898.08 for a new seat frame (part # 87450+a) and an additional $153-204 labor for installation. After researching online, I have discovered that this has been an ongoing issue with the Murano and that Nissan now uses a newly designed part to prevent this from happening. The fact that my seat is not fully attached in my car is very concerning and certainly is a safety issue. I am a bit surprised by the fact that the Nissan service department I went to appeared to never have heard of or seen this issue and yet when I went to the parts department, the representative told me that he had quoted for the part 4 times recently. Hmmm.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jun 042011

Murano 6-cyl

Upon sitting normally in the driver's seat of my 2005 Nissan Murano the rear right hand side of the seat frame sheared suddenly. This resulted in the seat now shifting left and right while driving as well as leaning severely when taking a left hand turn. Contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and filed complaint, awaiting response. Cost of repair at dealership quoted @ $150 for replacement part and $350 for labor + tax. Dealership charged me $70 for daignosis though I could have pointed at the break myself.

- Everett, WA, USA

May 152009

Driver side seat bracket broken. Concerned about seat coming completely detached in accident.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

May 202011

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving my 2005 Nissan Murano SE. I was going around a right curve and the left side of my driver's seat broke, and I was pitched back. I almost went off the road. I was able to stop the car safely and checked the seat. The left back bracket is broken and the seat now leans to the leftand back. I am in the process of getting repair done.

- Richmond, KY, USA

Apr 012011

Murano 6-cyl

While making a left turn in my 2005 Nissan Murano, my seat suddenly "popped" and shifted to the left and dropped a few inches and landed against the door. The frame assembly had broken and I nearly struck a pedestrian. I discovered that the frame assembly of the seat had fractured. Going online I noticed that this is a very common problem with the Murano and from the looks of it many, many Nissan owners have the same problem. I hope someone doesn't have to be killed or seriously injured from this obvious manufacturer's defect before the NHTSA orders a recall.

- Largo, FL, USA

Apr 232011

Murano 6-cyl

2005 Nissan Murano driver seat frame broke. Seat now shifts position while driving causing driver to have to adjust body position while operating the car. This included needing to adjust position while at highway speed in heavy traffic.

- Sterling, VA, USA

Apr 052011

Murano 6-cyl

2205 Nissan Murano sl AWD, the driver seat bracket just broke. It rocks from side to side. It is unsafe if I were to have a accident my seat will fly loose. I want to complain to Nissan for not recalling the vehicle seats since they are deficient.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Apr 092011

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's seat frame suddenly broke at left rear corner - allowing seat to fall back and lean sharply to the left. Nissan estimates $1000+ to replace, with bracket of same design - all at consumer cost.

- Pekin, IL, USA

Apr 102011

While driving to work my 2005 Nissan Murano driver seat rear bracket failed. This resulted in the seat dropping to the left nearly causing a crash.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 082011

Murano 6-cyl

While driving in a garage at low speed, my driver side seat suddenly snapped, and tilted down to left. Now when I drive, the seat rocks both side to side & front to back, and is very unstable. I worry the other side will snap under the stress of the motion, and my seat will no longer be connected to the car. Already I can feel the motion of the seat from my seatbelt, and honestly it is a little hard to steer when my body isn't stable. I realize an investigation was already done into this matter a few years ago which was closed because there was not evidence of harm due to the manufacturing problem. Must someone be injured before Nissan will take responsibility for this? there are almost 300 complaints registered on this site alone for this problem, and the dealers seem to be making about $1000 for each repair so I doubt they will do anything about it.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 102011

Murano 6-cyl

Broken drivers seat frame.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Mar 072011

Murano 6-cyl

While driving down the street, I heard a "snap" and then my seat tipped backwards and to the left. While driving home, every speed bump I went over made the seat bounce as it is not held down. I called the dealership and told the man who answered the phone that the seat in my car broke as I was driving. He asked me, "Murano"" I said, "yes." He said, "2004 or 2005"" I said, "2005." He said, "that will cost $1,300 to fix. I know what the problem is. It happens all the time on the particular car." I feel like that having your seat break as you are driving down the street is quite hazardous. Fortunately, I didn't have an accident, which is probably in part because I was in a residential area and going slow. This is clearly a defective part and should be replaced by Nissan. If it wasn't defective, the man at the dealership would not have been able to identify my car without me giving him any personally identifying information about me or my car.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 022009

The driver's seat made a snap sound and then tilted. When I checked the seat, I found that I can rock it side to side. The bottom of the seat is separated from the seat track. If I raise the seat up using the motor, the tilt becomes more severe. If I lower the seat to the floor, the seat back automatically folds forward, so I am squished in the seat. I am worried that my safety is compromised by having the driver's seat only attached by 1 track & not the 2 tracks as it is intended to be. If I am in an accident, my seat has half the anchoring ability than it was designed to have. The Nissan dealer is aware of this complaint but said there has been no recall. I cannot afford the $900 repair, so I am forced to operate my Murano with a compromised safety system. Due to the 1) amount of similar complaints, 2) failure of a safety-related system, 3) cost of repair (which is causing most claimants to operate the Murano in an unsafe manor), and 4) the potential for a lawsuit against Nissan if an accident or death occurs, Nissan should be forced to issue a recall to correct this potentially dangerous problem.

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

Mar 022011

Murano 6-cyl

Drivers side power seat just went "pop" and totally is loose and leaning to one side while driving. Nissan has had several complaints about this.. vehicle is just 1000 miles out of warranty and we also filed a case with Nissan and they refuse to pay the $508 charge to fix this.

- Fitchburg, WI, USA

Feb 182011

Murano 6-cyl

2005 Nissan Murano drivers seat bracket is broken, seat has been deemed unsafe to drive by Nissan dealer. Seat rocks when going around corners.

- Temecula, CA, USA