2005 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Murano 6-cyl

Found rear sub frame is rotted to a point that renders the vehicle unsafe to drive. Dealer quote to replace rear sub frame and control arms and mounts is approximately $4000. Dealer requires full "customer pay" despite this rotting problem being a repair "campaign" on other Nissan models with same issue.

- Warren, RI, USA

Oct 142007

Murano 4WD 6-cyl

While driving the car, my front seat suddenly broke pitting me towards the driver side window. Seat was leaning toward the driver side window. On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 brought my 2005 Nissan Murano to the Nissan dealer located in morristown, NJ (open road Nissan service department). I was told that the driver side seat frame broke. In order to fix the driver side seat frame of the vehicle, the cost to would be $900 plus dollars. What if I were in an accident - this seat may have been a factor to serious injury. Why is a seat frame breaking on a vehicle with 48,500 miles - not yet three years old. I keep my cars for more than 10 years and no vehicle I ever owned did a seat just break. Seems to me this is a dangerous situation that needs to be reviewed on Nissan Muranos. I am very concerned for safety of this vehicle.

- Morristown, NJ, USA