2006 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Took vehicle in for repairs for oil leaks, lights, trunk release, vehicle running like a truck, A/C, radio, transmission and camera display in car. Was told trunk release, motor, and transmission problems, and lighting couldn't be duplicated. The same day I picked up my vehicle turn vehicle off close the drivers door and head and rear lights shut off, close my trunk and again head and rear lights went off. Took vehicle to another dealer and showed the service advisor my concerns informed me a dianogstic test would cost $270 if couldn't find anything wrong, and I couldn't be take home because it was over 10 miles, and advisor suggested taking car closer to where I lived. Showed him and told him my concerns: Foot pedal switch works sometimes, seat operates sometime, the smell from exhaust has a very bad smell, A/C works sometime while driving and doesn't blow cold at all while idol, and sun visor keep falling down lower causing you to not see..

- Houston, TN, USA

Oct 302015

While driving my children to school in the morning, I was driving approx. 45 mph when suddenly I lost all acceleration. I had to try and roll to a safe place as I was in heavy traffic and put the vehicle in park. I turned the key off and waited a few minutes and re-started the vehicle and was able to drive a few miles before it happened again and lost all acceleration while pressing the gas pedal. Again, I rolled somewhere safe to park and turned the ignition off again, however I was unable to start the vehicle and all lights were illuminated on the dash panel. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic where it was found that the alternator wires had failed and the battery was unable to be charged.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Drivers window stopped working, will not go up and down. I had a repair shop look at it they stated the switch was fried as well as the motor. It was smoking and could have caused a fire. Have you ever had a complaint like mine? #2 the display screen is stuck on tire rotation, and my navigation system is not working.fuel gauge is erratic. Can't have it repaired due to costs.

- Angelica, NY, USA

May 012014

Exhaust manifold is cracked. Exhaust gases leak in through vent when ac is on and air is coming from outside. Extreme health hazard! up to two engine mounts are broken. Oil leaks from boot. Drivers seat bracket is broken. Electrical on the drivers seat fried.

- Oakley, CA, USA

Oct 242014

Murano 6-cyl

The air duct (pipe) coming from the air filter unattached itself causing the computer to shut down the engine. This happened while car was moving causing loss of steering and brake loss.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Dec 082014

Murano 6-cyl

I had my vehicle towed to a local Nissan dealership to get a key made for it, since I had lost the key. The vehicle was in operation up to date. After getting a key made by the dealership, the key will not turn in the ignition for it is locked. The dealership told me that I now need to purchase a steering lock to get it fixed. The Murano I purchased was from a used dealership and I was unaware of any recalls and did not receive any letter to date for the recall on the steering lock since I have had it. There was a recall done on the Nissan Murano's in the 2006 date range for this same reason. I would like it to be fixed free of charge since I did not break it to begin with.

- Jesup, GA, USA

Dec 282013

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving approximately 30 mph when the brake and battery sensor warning lights suddenly illuminated. The vehicle also would not accelerate. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where the contact was informed that the alternator had malfunctioned. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Sherman, TX, USA

Aug 142013

Faulty fuel gauge, fuel float or fuel monitoring system. I filled up the car and the gauge reads empty. It will erratically show different fuel levels ranging anywhere from empty to half-full to full. This is a safety issue because it is impossible to know how much fuel is left. After doing a brief internet search I discovered that their are multiple entries for this issue from other Nissan owners.

- Ellensburg, WA, USA

Jun 122012

Murano 6-cyl

My power steering pump has malfunctioned and the hose has a hole in it. The leak has cause a belt to pop while I was driving. I did not know what happened until the truck battery killed over and a mechanic helped me while the vehicle disabled. I also know of three other Nissan Murano owners who have had the same problem. Two of them have paid a large amout to fix this problem and the other traded in the vehicle because of the problem. This is a defect with Murano and I googled this issue and noticed that this is a common problem with this vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 232012

Murano 6-cyl

The vehicle gas gauge behavior became erratic over the last year. At the mid point of 1/2 fuel it would go to zero and return later to return to a different reading. Today, 7/23/2012 the gauge sending was replaced and the factory installed defective sending unit was found to show signs of electrical arcing. It should be noted that Nissan has extended the warranty on fuel tank components in other models but not the Murano. Nissan reports the Murano is not under any recall for sending unit defects. Is there a risk of gas tank explosion from this defect" has NHTSA made any judgment about Nissan sending units. Is the gauge intrinsically safe so that the arcing could not cause vapor ignition? is the safety basis built around the tank vapors being outside the combustion zone, I.e. too rich? have others reported similar risk issues" thank you.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Oct 292010

Liftgate lock/unlock mechanism will not engage with remote or from outside button. Only way to unlock is to jump into car and manually unlock it from inside (after removing panel for lock mechanism).

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 182007

The vehicle's current problem is that the alternator is malfunctioned, and defected which causes the engine and battery to shut off and die. This already occurred more than 3 times. In addition, the oil tank pipe leaks. This is very dangerous because when the defected alternator fails, then it causes the battery and engine to shut off and die. If a person is driving a defected vehicle that has a defected and malfunctioned alternator that causes the engine to shutoff and die in the middle of a highway or street then a huge accident can occur and it will cause the driver and passengers to die or even get severely or permanently injured. This vehicle definitely has a recall, malfunctioned, and defected alternator. I bought my vehicle that is under warranty to the Nissan service dept but they never admit that it is the defected alternator problem and never fix it. They just provide and install a new battery in my vehicle. But that does not solve the problem because the battery power gets drained and it dies and shuts off the engine. This already happened to me over 3 times and Nissan's service dept never resolves this important problem. This urgent problem needs to taken cared of asap or else it will be dangerous for driver and passenger's life.

- Flushing, NY, USA